Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Aliens (1986) (1 hour, 43 mins through)

And I have to say, I'm completely perplexed as to when this relentless white-knuckle terror all these reviews keep mentioning is going to show up...

Every review mentions how there's no down time, and we care about what happens to these people because they have personalities and aren't just fodder to aliens to pick off...in addition, Bill Paxton is "entertaining comic relief" and Paul Reiser is an "easy-to-hate total slimeball"...

So far, it's been 90% down time, I care NONE what happens to these people, they're one-dimensional fodder for aliens to pick off...Bill Paxton is horrendously obnoxious and Reiser has been eh but fairly reasonable for a moneyman...

Apparently it gets really exciting near the end, so I'm making this post now in case I die of old age before it ends...this movie is ROUGH...I don't know if I just can't get with this story (I thought Alien was okay), but I'm really struggling to get through this movie...I'm sitting here just praying that the time is wrong and the aliens are coming to pick off everyone but Weaver so she can kill it by herself...

WHY WON'T YOU END!

No comments: